The Wings were founded in 1957 in St. Louis, MO. The Arkansas Wings Founder and President Ron Crawford as well as North Little Rock High Coach Richard Alexander were a part of the team in 1964-68. We are a Proud Member of the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League.
Wings President Ron Crawford was inducted into the AAU Volunteer Hall of Fame in 2003, and currently serves as AAU National Treasurer.
All players on the 2010 17U National Championship team have received College Scholarships or will sign in April.
3 Arkansas: Aaron Ross, Ky Madden and Hunter Mickelson
1 Nebraska: David Rivers
1 Arkansas State: Darion Griswold
1 Oral Roberts University: D.J. Jackson
1 Drury College: Derek Daniel
1 Brehm Prepatory: Rakeem Dickerson
2 Undecided but with several options: Hooper Vint and Ayo Ojo
- Two former wings players are among the 4 leading scorers in Oklahoma State History: Adrian Peterson (Oak Grove) and James Anderson (Junction City).
- The Wings are the only Elite Travel Team to have players on both teams in the NBA World Championship Game: Derek Fisher (Los Angeles Lakers) and Corliss Williamson (Detroit Pistons).
- The Wings have won 8 AAU National Championships in the 16, 17, and 19 age divisions, and have competed in xxx final fours in our 31 year history.
- The Wings are the only team in AAU history to win 3 consecutive National Championships in the 16 & Under, 17 & Under, and 19 & Under Boys Division.
- All Wings Coaches will have passed the Positive Coaching Alliance test and 5 of the coaching staff are Ganon Baker certified basketball skill trainers, with one coach also a professional speed, agility and quickness trainer.